Collection of Information
Midas is in the business of providing automotive mechanic, repair and servicing services (Services). We also work with other service providers so that we can provide our Services to you.
During your experience with Midas and to the extent necessary to carry out our Services to you, we may collect, use, disclose and retain your personal information. We collect personal information from you when you access, browse, or use our website, request to receive communications or contact us to leave an enquiry, submit a supplier or franchisee application, or when you otherwise provide us with any personal information (including at any Midas store).
Personal information we may collect from you includes your name, email address, postal address, phone or mobile number(s), credit reference details, date of birth, drivers licence details, bank details, vehicle details and/or prior repair and maintenance history.
We may also collect other information from you through your use of our website which could include your server address, dates and times of website access.
You may decline our requests for personal information, however, this may restrict your access to certain information across our website, and may mean we are unable to provide certain services to you.
Use of Personal Information
We may collect and use your personal information to:
- assist you to use, or tailor your use of, our website;
- send you news, product and services information and general marketing and remarketing material which we believe may be useful to you;
- process customer service requests, respond to inquiries, complaints or requests for our products and or services;
- conduct our business and provide you with our products and services, and communicate with you regarding our business;
- complete other general business purposes, such as the maintenance, operation and improvement of our website and general business practices;
- to collect or recover any payments, outstanding debt or other amounts from you in connection with the provision of our Services; and
- identify you for account management purposes and to complete credit reference checks.
Disclosure of Personal Information
You acknowledge and agree that we may share your personal information with:
- any third party that provides services to, or on behalf of us, such as manufacturers, suppliers, lawyers, accountants, credit reference providers, computer system and data services providers;
- reputable research firms engaged by us to carry out customer surveys and conduct market research;
- reputable marketing, remarketing and/or advertising agencies;
- to a debt collection agency;
- any third party which disclosure is permitted or required under law; and
- any other party authorised by you.
In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
We may also disclose your credit information, including account information, default information, repayment history and identification information to credit reporting agencies.
If we disclose personal information to third parties outside of New Zealand, we will do so in accordance with the Act. We will ensure that the recipient(s) privacy laws provide comparable safeguards to those of New Zealand.
Security and Storage
A login name and password may be required to visit secure areas of our website. You should ensure that your password is kept secure and cannot be discovered by anyone else.
Where we record or store personal information that we collect from you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is accurate, complete, up to date and kept secure using generally accepted standards of security. We hold personal information across various formats. These include electronic and physical forms, on servers, cloud-based storage, databases, and filing systems.
We utilise "cookies" in conjunction with our website. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time. These enable us to serve you more efficiently when visiting the website. It is possible to disable the accepting of cookies by your web browser, however doing so may restrict your ability to access some pages and features of our website.
Identifiers are used to store information about visitor’s preferences, to enable the dynamic display of the website according to your preferences when you return.
Access and Correction
Personal information collected from you and stored by us and will be held and or arranged by Midas New Zealand Limited for only as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we collected the personal information.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information. Where your personal information may be readily retrieved, and subject to certain grounds of refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to request access to it and if applicable, shall have the right to request correction where required by notice in writing to us at the address below. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information.
Privacy Concerns, Questions or Complaints
Midas New Zealand Limited
PO Box 305 521
Triton Plaza, Auckland 0757
Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to you within a reasonable period of time (within 20 working days). If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by:
Phone: 0800 803 909 (from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Post: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington, 6143
This policy was last modified on 3 December 2020